Seeded coconut oat biscuits
A lovely young lady asked me for a homemade rusk recipe that she could make while she was on vacation. I didn't have a rusk recipe but instead suggested she try these seeded, coconut oat biscuits, which are great for dunking in your afternoon cuppa tea.
- 1 ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup chopped/ powdered almonds
- 1 ½ cups dessicated coconut
- ¼ cup mixed seeds – sesame seeds, linseeds & sunflower seeds
- 250g butter
- ½ cup brown sugar/ xylitol/ sweetener of your choice
- 1 Tbsp jaggery
- 1 Tbsp warm water
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Crush oats and almonds in an electric grinder. If you prefer more crunch in your biscuits, you can chop your almonds. Mix desiccated coconut and mixed seeds into oat and almond mixture.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Dissolve jaggery in water and then mix into butter and sugar.
- Add oats mixture to butter mixture.
- Sift in flour and bicarb.
- Form small balls with the mixture and flatten slightly with the palm of your hands. Place onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10-15min.
- Allow to cool down completely before storing in a container.