Mushroom burgers with real big mushrooms! Perfect Saturday stay-at-home movie-night food!
- A punnet of large flat mushrooms, washed & dried
- Spinach leaves, washed & chopped
- Herbamare herb salt
- Garlic flakes
- Black pepper
- Cream cheese spread, sweet chilli flavoured
- Jam tomato, sliced thinly
- Burger buns
- Sauce of your choice – I used Veri Peri Hot African Sauce
- Grated cheese
- Place mushrooms in a large casserole dish. Cut pieces of butter on the top of each mushroom and sprinkle with herb salt, garlic flakes, black pepper and origanum. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for approximately 20 minutes or until mushrooms shrink. Place chopped spinach on top of each mushroom and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Lightly toast buns with butter. Spread one half with cream cheese. Layer tomatoes, sauce and grated cheese. Lastly place grilled/baked mushroom on top and close the bun with the other half.
- Serve with a side of crispy potato wedges.