Overripe bananas? Yessss! Time to make banana bread! Add in some chocolate chips and you have a really awesome, wholesome tea-time goodie!
- 1 ¼ cup whole meal (brown) flour (I use Eureka Mills)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar/ apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 slightly overripe bananas, grated/mashed
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. In winter, coconut oil is super hard, so you will have to melt it on a very low heat till you can measure it. If the milk was from the fridge you will need to heat this up too – very slightly so that the coconut oil doesn’t harden again when you mix it with the milk.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients mixture and combine gently with a whisk, while simultaneously adding the banana. You can add in the chocolate chips too at this point.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.