Confessions of a broccoli-holic Oh how I do love this vegetable, especially for all the health benefits that this flower-like beauty has! It’s an immune booster, cholesterol reducer, anti-inflammatory, it aids digestion & is a powerful anti-oxidant! I mixed it up with butternut, mushrooms and zucchini, drizzled with white sauce on the top... Absolutely divine!
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cubed butternut
- ½ cup sliced zucchini rings
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- Herb salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic flakes to taste
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½-1 cup warm milk
- Butter/ coconut oil to fry
- Grated cheese (optional)
- Stir fry each vegetable separately in butter/coconut oil.
- Flavour with herb salt, black pepper, paprika and garlic flakes.
- Make a creamy white sauce by adding 2 Tbsp melted butter to 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour. Mix well with a fork. Gradually add 1/2-1 cup warm milk, then allow to thicken in a pot on the stove on medium heat. Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add the white sauce to the veggies and voila! Dinner is served! You can top with cheese too.
- For a vegan option, drizzle coconut milk instead of white sauce and omit the cheese.