Chocolate oat muesli crunchies
On a quest to find something yummy to have for breakfast everyday, these oat crunchies happened! I plan to crumble them into my double cream, full fat yoghurt, topped with frozen berries and homemade dark chocolate!
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup mixed seeds (linseed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds)
- 4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 50g cacao powder
- pinch of himalayan pink salt
- handful of chopped dates
- handful of dried mixed berries (cranberries, cherries, goji berries)
- 150g butter / coconut oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar/ sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a pot on medium heat.
- When sugar has melted, add the mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well and then press the mixture into a greased tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 min.
- Cut into squares while still warm.
- Allow to cool down completely before storing to maintain crispy texture.